Additional Savings to Cozy up to This Winter Season
5 Easy Ways to Manage Heating Bills Without Feeling the Chill!
While many things are inching back towards normal here in Northern New Jersey and lower New York State, it’s certainly been noticed that the ongoing pandemic has disrupted the supply chain for almost all industries. You’ve likely been hearing about shortages—or have even had trouble finding items at the store or even online. It should come as no surprise that these challenges have impacted the oil industry as well. In October, the price of crude oil climbed above $80 per barrel, a benchmark that hadn’t been reached in seven years.
The good news is that the U.S. Energy Information Administration expects lagging supply will finally overtake demand in 2022, resulting in a drop in global crude oil prices. What does that mean for you this winter? While your fuel prices will be higher this season, there are ways to keep your heating costs under control without sacrificing your comfort.
We’ve got five easy ways to keep your family warm while keeping fuel costs manageable:
- Sign Up for Our Budget Plan. Our EZ Pay Budget Plan keeps heating bills predictable and eliminates the pain of bigger winter bills. We’ll spread your heating oil costs across 12 months, based on your average usage. Instead of several big bills over a few months, you’ll get predictable heating bills and pay one level amount every month, even if stretches of extra-cold whether cause you to burn more oil. Plus, Budget Plan customers receive a 10-cent discount on every gallon!
- Pay On-Time—Every Time. We offer a 10-cent per gallon discount when you pay your monthly bill within 10 days. For Budget Plan customers, that translates into a 20-cent per gallon discount!
- Enroll in a Price Protection Plan. With our Price Protection Plan, you buy your heating oil in advance to fix your price. Your heating oil price will not fluctuate, regardless of whether the market price rises or falls. *
- Get a Heating System Tune-Up. It’s never too late to schedule seasonal maintenance for your heating equipment. Regular tune-ups ensure your heating equipment is running smoothly, so you’ll use less fuel to keep your home warm. Our service technicians check for and fix problems that can decrease performance and efficiency, or could lead to breakdowns, no-heat emergencies, and expensive repairs. Did you know annual maintenance tune-ups are included in our affordable service plans?
- Use Your Programmable Thermostat Properly. Used correctly, a programmable thermostat can help you lower your heating costs by 10% or more on monthly heating bills. To maximize your savings, follow these easy steps:
- When you’re at home and awake, set the thermostat for 68°.
- Lower the setting by 10° when you’re sleeping or out of the house.
- Smart thermostats make it even easier. They can even learn your heating and cooling habits and create a schedule that matches them. Some even connect with your home automation system like Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant.
More Ways to Save
If your boiler or furnace is more than 10 or 15 years old, you may see big savings—while simultaneously avoiding potential system failure—by upgrading your equipment.
A new high-efficiency boiler or furnace could lower your fuel costs by as much as 20 percent without sacrificing your comfort. Today’s equipment operates with improved efficiency, so you burn less fuel to keep your home warm. When properly installed, they distribute heat more evenly and consistently. The same is true of your water heater. High-efficiency versions of traditional oil-fired water heaters employ improved insulation and thermal abilities to heat water and keep it hot without burning as much fuel.
We’re Always Here to Help
Over four generations, the team at Bolkema is always looking for ways to make sure it’s worth it to be our customer. We go above and beyond to make sure you’re comfortable and help you save money. Our team of trained and certified pros can help you replace outdated systems with high-efficiency equipment that is just right for you, your home, and your budget. Contact us for more information today!
*Subject to availability. Please speak to a customer service representative for details.