Prepare your propane backup generator for severe weather
Mother Nature can be pretty unpredictable, and one of the best ways to cope with her capricious ways is to invest in a whole house propane generator – an appliance that can help you avoid, or at least minimize, the potentially dangerous and costly consequences of severe weather.
But your backup generator will only do that job if it’s ready to go at a moment’s notice.
To make sure it is, take some time to prepare a readiness plan for your propane generator that includes the following:
- Review your generator’s operating instructions. Don’t wait until the storm arrives!
- Invest in a professional generator inspection and backup generator maintenance to give you peace of mind.
- Run your standby generator one a month during winter months to keep parts lubricated and seals maintained. If you spot a problem, call for professional backup generator repairs in northern NJ.
- Make sure you have enough propane gas to run your generator for at least a week in case of road closures.
- Have a backup plan in the event your generator does not start.
- During a storm, keep a clear pathway to your generator. Remove debris, especially near propane fill valve.
- Record how long your generator has run after every time it is called into service; after a severe weather event, review what worked and what didn’t work and make necessary changes.
Be prepared – make sure your propane backup generator is ready for action this winter. Contact us today for propane generator service in New Jersey. If you don’t have a generator, contact us for a FREE estimate on propane backup generator installations in northern NJ!