Help – I Have No Heat!
When your heat goes out, don’t worry – Bolkema has you covered, with expert technicians available 24/7 throughout Bergen Country and the rest of our service area.
But sometimes your heat goes out for a reason you can fix yourself. Before you call us for a paid service call, take a few minutes to troubleshoot your heating system – it could save you money and time.
Try these things before calling for service:
- Check your heating oil level, making sure your tank is at least 1/8 full.
- Confirm that all emergency switches are in their “on” positions.
- Check the fuses or circuit breakers that control your heating system and replace or reset as needed.
- Set your thermostat for at least five degrees above the current room temperature to see if it turns on, and make sure your system is set for “heat.” If your digital thermostat is blank, you probably need new batteries.
- As a last resort, press the reset button on your burner once. If your system does not reset, you’ll need service.
If you follow these steps and still have no heat, contact us and we’ll get a technician to you as soon as possible.
If you need emergency service, Bolkema’s got your back.