Nine Benefits of Converting Your Home to Natural Gas
If you’re like many homeowners we know, you’ve probably at least kicked around the idea of converting your home’s heating system to natural gas.
We don’t blame you!
It’s pretty easy to make a compelling argument for making the switch – especially if your current heating system is powered by electricity. Natural gas is:
- Cost effective – The month-to-month cost of heating your home with natural gas is typically at or near the lowest among home energy options. While you will have to make a substantial investment up front to convert your home heating system, that investment will pay for itself quickly in the form of lower bills.
- Versatile – Natural gas can do it all – heat your pool, dry your clothes, warm your house or spare room, even power your fireplace. It usually does it better than other options, too, owing largely to the high efficiency of the fuel itself.
- Convenient – Natural gas is pumped from an underground pipeline, not delivered by truck – which means you’ll never run out of fuel, and you’ll never have to wait around for a delivery. You also won’t have to worry about supply issues during a power outage, which can come in handy in these days of unpredictable weather.
- Safe – Throughout the country, the vast majority of homeowners choose natural gas over other heating solutions – a testament to the safety of natural gas. The American Gas Association (AGA) closely regulates the handling and delivery of natural gas to ensure its safety; you can learn more about the AGA’s approach to natural gas safety here.
- Reliable – With natural gas, you can rest easy knowing that your home will always be comfortably and properly heated. With no need for truck deliveries and no reliance on the grid, your natural gas will be there for you when you need it most.
- Low maintenance – Natural gas burns clean, which means your appliances will need less maintenance and last longer than equipment powered by other fuels.
- Eco-friendly – When burned, natural gas produces about 45 percent less carbon dioxide than coal (which powers much of our electricity generation) and about 30 percent less than oil. Natural gas produces almost no carbon monoxide, sulfur dioxide, dissolved solids or airborne particulates, all of which can be harmful to human and animal health. You’ll use less of it than other fuels, too, since it burns extremely efficiently.
- Abundant – Nearly all of the natural gas we use today is produced in the U.S. and readily available for use – you’ll never have to worry about a supply shortage.
- Value-adding – Adding a natural gas heating system will not only add value to your home, it will also increase the pool of potential buyers, since it’s an expense they won’t have to incur down the line. The convenience and reliability of natural gas are attractive to most buyers in today’s market.
As you can see, a natural gas conversion makes a pretty strong case for itself – but only if it’s right for you. How will you know? Contact us today and let’s talk about it.
Considering a natural gas conversion for your Bergen County-area home? We can help. Contact us today to learn more and get a FREE, no obligation estimate on a system conversion!