End of summer A/C to-do list
Fall is fast approaching, which means it’s time to start thinking about the cooler months ahead here in Northern NJ – but not before we take care of few straggling to-dos for your central air conditioning system.
Here are five end-of-summer A/C tasks to tackle before the leaves turn from green to gold and red.
- Replace your A/C air filter – Hopefully, you have been changing air filters throughout the summer in your air conditioning unit; if you haven’t, do it before the start of heating season (especially if you have a combined heating/cooling HVAC system). Changing air filters frequently is an easy and cost-effective way to help the performance of your air conditioner.
- Clean around your outdoor A/C unit – Clear any airflow-blocking brush, grass, and leaves from the around the area of your outdoor A/C unit before the cold weather arrives.
- Have your coils and condensate line cleaned and cleared – End-of-summer maintenance should include a thorough A/C coil cleaning – a job best done by a professional.
- Give your A/C a last listen and lookover – Look for any obvious frayed wires or rust, and listen for any unusual sounds, such as rattling. If you hear anything out of the ordinary, contact us.
- Schedule a tune-up – Most people take care of their routine air conditioning maintenance sometime in the spring or early summer – but early fall is actually a great time for a tune-up of your air conditioning equipment (don’t worry, your tune-up won’t “wear off” before next year). For one thing, if you discover the need for a significant A/C repair, there’s plenty of time to order replacement parts – or to install a new, high-efficiency cooling system. For another, you can pair up cooling and heating system maintenance into a single service visit so you only have to be around once for a house call.
Summer’s almost over – put your air conditioner to bed properly this season with a service visit from the air conditioning experts at the Bolkema Fuel Company. Contact us today to learn more!